Apple has quietly sneaked in some updates to its MacBook range of laptops. Processors were update by miniscule amounts; just 0.1 and 0.2 GHz (yes, I’m afraid its not 1 and 2 GHz!). Hard drives were updated by 180GB and 250GB and the graphic cards have also been given a boost.
Here are the details:
- 13″ MacBook Pro base model has a 2.4 GHz processor and 500 GB hard drive, boosted from 2.3 GHz and 320 GB.
- 13″ MacBook Pro model has a 2.8 GHz processor and 750 GB hard drive, boosted from 2.7 GHz and 500 GB.
- 15″ MacBook Pro base model has a 2.2 GHz processor, up from 2.0 GHz. The 500 GB hard drive remains unchanged. The AMD GPU is now a 6750M with 512MB VRAM (up from a 6490M/256).
- 15″ MacBook Pro high-end model has a 2.4 GHz processor, up from 2.2 2.3 GHz. The 750 GB hard drive remains unchanged. The AMD GPU is now a 6770M with 1GB of VRAM.
- 17″ MacBook Pro model has a 2.4 GHz processor, up from 2.2 GHz. The 750 GB hard drive has not changed. Its AMD GPU is also a 6770M with 1 GB VRAM (up from the 6750M).
Prices remain unchanged s although this isn’t a major update its nevertheless a welcome one.
- Apple updates MacBook Pro with larger hard drives, slightly faster processors (tuaw.com)
- Apple MacBook Pro gets quiet update (cbsnews.com)
- Apple quietly beefs up MacBook Pro line with faster CPUs, more (arstechnica.com)
- Apple updates MacBook Pro lineup (digitaltrends.com)
- The Late 2011 MacBook Pro Value Equation, Dan Knight, Mac Musings (lowendmac.com)
- Apple Upgrades 2011 MacBook Pro Line (REPORT) (chats-blog.com)
- Apple quietly updates MacBook Pros with faster processors and bumped specs (9to5mac.com)
- New MacBook Pros Updated with Faster Processors, Better Graphics and Bigger Hard Drives [Apple] (gizmodo.com)
- Apple Quietly Tweaks MacBook Pro Line-up, Leaves Prices Unchanged (techcrunch.com)