The long-awaited update to Terragen is now available for download….
Terragen 2 (TG2) is now the primary development focus of Planetside Software. TG2 is a complete rewrite of Terragen from scratch, and is a significant advance beyond the capabilities of Terragen v0.9. Apart from being a much more powerful renderer, TG2 has a much more flexible architecture which will allow development to proceed at a considerably greater pace.
Terragen 2 features the following as part of its core architecture :
- Cutting-edge adaptive subdivision renderer.
- Modular, plugin-based architecture.
- Render entire planets, sweeping vistas, tiny rock gardens, or anything in between.
- Import 3D objects for rendering. Export high resolution objects.
- Render millions of boulders or trees using “instancing”; even billions of virtual objects
- Add multiple heightfields to your scene. Use procedural terrains that can span an entire planet.
- Apply almost “infinite” fractal detail to terrain and other objects.
- Overhanging terrain using procedural displacements, image-based displacements, or imported geometry.
- Volumetric clouds or fast “2.5D” clouds.
- Production quality anti-aliasing and motion blur.