Anyone who is interested in all things Apple in general and the Mac in particular always, in my experience, seem to be well read. however, what about those who are newcomers, perhaps having migrated over from the pc. Where to begin? Well, here is my list of great sites to start off with. Its not meant to be definitive but as I have been using Macs since 1992, I have seen quite a few come and go and I think I have a good feel for those that are qulaity sources of information and tips, so here goes.
- The Unoffical Apple Weblog [TUAW] – this is often my first port of call for the latest news. Lately, however, it has become very iPhone-centric IMHO. Still No. 1 though, at least for now.
- Mac User – great site from the producers of Mac User magazine. I use it for reviews in particular.
- Mac World – another online manifestation of a popular quality Mac magazine.
- Mac Rumors – good source for latest rumors of Apple hardware.
- AppleInsider – another Apple rumour site.
- MacInTouch – a venerable site dating from 1994. Still has what it takes though!
- Macnn – Another of my personal favourites.
- CreativeMac – Good site for the more technically creative professional among you.
- Ars Technica – Not just Mac but covers the topic in depth.
- SecureMac – Great site for tips on making your Mac even more secure.
Well, these are my favourites. If you have any suggestions for other sites why not leave a comment and I’ll add the good ones.