Google and Apple are now more direct competitors than ever before nd for this reason, Eric Schmidt ha had to resign from Apple’s board. The Google Chief Executive was a non-executive director of Apple but with Google’s Android platform competing with Apple’s iPhone and now Google’s Chrome OS announcement its becoming more awkward for him to excuse himself from meetings when there is a conflict of interest.
According to Steve Jobs, “unfortunately, as Google enters more of Apple’s core businesses with Android and now Chrome OS, Eric‘s effectiveness as an Apple board member will be significantly diminished, since he will have to recuse himself from even larger portions of our meetings due to potential conflicts of interest,”.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Google chief leaves Apple board (news.bbc.co.uk)
- Google chief Eric Schmidt steps down from Apple (telegraph.co.uk)
- Eric Schmidt Should’ve Left Sooner [Google] (gizmodo.com)
- Apple Statement: Schmidt’s ‘Right Time’ to Exit (blogs.wsj.com)
- Google’s Eric Schmidt resigns from Apple board over “conflict of interest” (engadget.com)