The new iPod nano now has video, a polished anodised aluminium finish and a larger screen. Also making its debut: FM radio with Live Pause. The new iPod nano now has a built-in video camera that lets you record fun as it happens. You can then share it with friends on the Internet by uploading to the likes of YouTube, Facebook, and of course, Apple‘s own mobileme. Apple have decided to compete with all those neat little video cameras like the Flip and Mimo.
The video camera specs are as follows:
- H.264 VGA video, 640 by 480 pixels, up to 30 frames per second with AAC audio
- 15 real-time special effects: Sepia, Black and White, X-Ray, Film Grain, Thermal, Security Cam, Cyborg, Bulge, Kaleido, Motion Blur, Mirror, Light Tunnel, Dent, Stretch and Twirl
Not HD but the quality looks smooth and clean,at least in the sample videos.However, all of them are taken in bright sunny conditions so it will be interesting to see some taken in overcast conditions and inside. There is no flash so quality may be poorer in less than ideal conditions.
Other specs are:
- 8GB or 16GB flash drive2
- Holds up to 2,000 or 4,000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format3
- Holds up to 7,000 or 14,000 iPod-viewable photos4
- Holds up to 8 hours or 16 hours of video5
- Stores data via USB flash drive
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
Size and weight
- Height:90.7 mm (3.6 inches)
- Width:38.7 mm (1.5 inches)
- Depth:6.2 mm (0.24 inch)
- Weight:36.4 grams (1.28 ounces)
- 2.2-inch (diagonal) TFT display
- 240-by-376-pixel resolution at 204 pixels per inch
UK prices are £115 for the 8GB model and £135 for the 16GB version.
Powered by ScribeFire.
Related articles by Zemanta
- iPod nano: Cheaper, more features, and a video camera too! (tuaw.com)
- Steve Jobs, a New Nano, and Cheaper, More Colorful Shuffles! (geeksugar.com)
- Hands On: The iPod Nano Video Interface Is Smooooooth [Apple] (gizmodo.com)
- BREAKING: New iPod Nanos Get a Video Camera and More (mashable.com)
- Apple adds video camera, larger screen to new 5G iPod nano (engadget.com)
- The New iPod Nano Shoots Video, Plays Radio [Apple] (gizmodo.com)