The Square Trade study showed Apple‘s laptops to be more reliable than those from Dell, Lenovo, Acer and HP. It also shows that they were only marginally behind the most reliable brands, namely Asus, Toshiba and Sony (see chart above).
Based on over 30,000 new laptops and netbooks the study shows that on average (over the whole market) 1 in 3 laptops fail within 3 years. Netbooks are also 20% more unreliable than other laptops. All in all, a pretty poor showing for the industry. You can download the study as a pdf from http://www.squaretrade.com/htm/pdf/SquareTrade_laptop_reliability_1109.pdf
Powered by ScribeFire.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Laptop Reliability Study: Asus and Toshiba Come Out on Top [Charts] (gizmodo.com)
- Computer makers’ tech support quality compared (crunchgear.com)
- Asus And Toshiba Could Merge And Become The #3 PC Maker (lockergnome.com)
- Laptop reliability survey: ASUS and Toshiba win, HP fails (engadget.com)
- AMD-Intel settlement won’t change much for consumers (news.cnet.com)
- ASUS and Toshiba winners of reliability survey, don’t ask about HP (crunchgear.com)