Apple has seeded the latest build of Snow Leopard to developers. This build lists no known issues, and it has the exact same focus areas as an earlier build: AirPort, Networking, Graphics Drivers, the Mac App Store, QuickTime, and VPN. As Lion is due very soon this is no doubt the last update to Snow Leopard we will see.
Snow Leopard has been great and it will be sad to see it replaced but Lion holds great promise for the future of the Mac platform. It will, of course, be around for quite a while as many users will hold off before upgrading to Lion. However, with the move to the App Store and the reduction in cost will probably see fewer users delay than with previous version.
- 10.6.8 build 10K540 seeded to developers (tuaw.com)
- Apple seeds OS X 10.6.8 build 10K540 with no known issues to developers (evilrit.com)
- Apple seeds OS X 10.6.8 build 10K540 with no known issues to developers (9to5mac.com)
- Tips to upgrade to OS X Lion (theinformativereport.com)
- Analyst frets download-only distribution for Lion will hurt retailers (macworld.com)
- Mac OS X Lion’s download-only distribution will hurt retailers (infoworld.com)
- Apple Offers Free Lion Upgrade for New Macs (pcworld.com)
- First Build of Mac OS X 10.6.8 Seeded to Developers (macstories.net)