As the time for Apple’s WWDC draws ever closer the rumours about what it may herald grow with each passing day. Of course, most folk expect to see announcements about iOS and the iPhone, along with Lion. However, folk are always looking for a great deal and even though we are all used to paying premium prices for our love of all things Apple, from time to time Apple offers some great deals.
One deal that everyone looks forward to (parents and students alike at least) is the back-to school promotion. Each year Apple offers deals whereby if you buy new Apple kit (usually a new iMac or Macbook) you get a free or heavily discounted iPod. Rumour is that Apple will be offering either a free iPod Touch or $229 towards the purchase of another model of iPod. Question is, with the ever growing popularity of the iPad, will Apple make it possible to use this towards the cost of an iPad? It would certainly be a popular offer and I reckon that many folk would prefer an iPad to any iPod.
I guess we will have to wait and see. At least we haven’t got long to wait. Shame that whatever it will be, its only for educational purchasers.
- MobileMe subscription about to expire? Don’t renew it just yet (tuaw.com)
- Apple May Announce Back-To-School Deal At WWDC, Including $200 Off iPads (slashgear.com)
- Apple education deal rumored for WWDC (tuaw.com)
- Apple doing back to school announcement at WWDC, offering $200 off iPads? (9to5mac.com)
- Apple back-to-school special may include $200 off an iPad with a Mac purchase (geek.com)
- Apple Offering $200 Off New iPads To Students Heading Back To School [RUMOR] (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
- iPad 2 discounts? Yes and soon as WWDC starts. (saintel.wordpress.com)
- Wwdc 2011 (appleinterests.com)
- Back to School Announcement at WWDC with Special iPad Discounts? (macstories.net)
- Rumor: iPhone 5 to have a curved glass display, similar to older iPod nano models (intomobile.com)
- A Bit More On WWDC, The Mythical iPhone “4S”, and iOS 5 (crunchgear.com)
- What To Expect From WWDC 2011 (techie-buzz.com)
- WWDC push due to ‘huge’ iOS 5: widgets, new notifications (electronista.com)
- Speculation builds as Apple inviting UK and Australian journalists to WWDC (edibleapple.com)
- A Bit More On WWDC, The Mythical iPhone “4S”, and iOS 5 (techcrunch.com)
- WWDC invites from Apple PR spark iPhone announcement rumors (thenextweb.com)
- UK iPhone PR luring press to WWDC, iOS 5 likely real cause (electronista.com)