Blender is the free open source 3D content creation suite, available for all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License. Don’t think that because Blender is open source that it is some amateur piece of software. It isn’t. In fact, it has been used to produce several films and is used by professional studios around the world. Check out www.sintel.org as the latest example.
You can also see a list of other films made with Blender on the Blender movies page.
Here is a list of Blender’s features (the short version!):
- UV Unwrapping
- Physics & particles
- Realtime 3D/Game Creation
- Imaging & Compositing
- New Stable Version of Blender: How To Get Started With It (ostatic.com)
- 3D graphics app Blender hits new stable release; available in PPA (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- Blender 2.57 Released (talesfromthecellar.com)
- Trying To Lure Suckers, Company Resells Open Source Blender (news.slashdot.org)
- Its finally here !! (shravanaras.wordpress.com)
- 2 new Blender Foundation Training DVDs (dreamsgate.wordpress.com)
- Free 3D Modelling Software – Blender 2.53 Beta, Released (techie-buzz.com)
- Blender as an animation editor (wolfire.com)
- Dress Up Your Documents with Free Graphics Tools and Resources (ostatic.com)